Yesterday we reached out to our readers and polled them on whether or not we should order the Mayweather-McGregor fight. Their responses were…..interesting. Here they are, in no particular order, straight from our loyal readers:
1. Apologies(?) for sending a serious, rather than funny, reason to donate to charity instead of lining Floyd’s pockets:
He’s a serial woman beater. He’s unrepentant about it (this year he threw the “I’m still waiting to see photos.” line at Sportscenter Anchors when they pressed him about it). And we live in a country where we just elected a President who is either a serial sexual assailant himself (worst case scenario) or just a liar thinks serial sexual assault is awesome enough to brag about (best case scenario…seriously, that’s our *best* case on the ‘grab them by the…’ tape).
“Money” Mayweather doesn’t deserve a penny more of yours…donate to a domestic violence/assault prevention charity instead.
Now I’m depressed,
2. If you don’t watch the fight, you’ll be like the kid on the playground that wasn’t allowed to watch the new episode of Terrence and Phillip and doesn’t know everything that happened. You would be butters and nobody wants to be butters. Also if you don’t watch it I won’t have intelligent things to say and I won’t look as smart to my friends.
4. So I’m donating $5.00/month to an allegedly “struggling” startup that’s considering blowing $100 on a PPV circus act. Hmmm..I just might have to release some film of you flailing and whiffing at Tyrone’s curveballs in batting practice. Not a pretty sight.
(Note: If you want to give us money, you can do so here)
5. Dude, give your money to charity. No reason to watch this nonsense. Plus, I’ll bet Donald Trump is gonna buy it and watch. Maybe he’ll even put CNN’s logo on the loser.
7. Donate the money to charity! If Mayweather v. Mcgregor even happens it’ll feature more bad dancing than a Dancing With the Stars repeat of Kim Kardashian trying to Mambo.
Love what you all do everyday!
8. Buy the fight, have a party, raise money for charity.
10. My mother said I’m a charity case. Give the money to me.